Description


Winter shoot Carla Caruso Jewlery { gold, diamonds ,snow + Daughters of the Curtis House}

Posted on: Monday, January 7, 2013


Here's a peek of one of the images from the winter Carla Caruso Jewelry shoot at the epically beautiful Curtis House in Ashfield, MA. Our models Mia + Annalise are the family of the manor and were wonderful to work with.  I'm going to do another post about this place soon and let you in on one of what I feel is the best kept secret wedding venue in all of Western Mass....
This year I feel like I should try to share more with you other talents in the wedding industry that might be helpful or useful to you.  Artists that I really love working with and have the best taste.
So my first one of the year to share with you is Carla Caruso Jewelry.  I know I've mentioned her a few times in the past, but she has lots of new sparkly things to offer and we just did a shoot together so I have it fresh in my mind how much I adore her and her line.
Choosing where to find the perfect engagement ring, wedding bands, or gifts for your bridesmaids can be so overwhelming, so I highly suggest going over to Carla's site and taking a gander.  More than a few of my couples have her rings and whenever I see them they always gush about how much they love them and how nice Carla and her team was to work with.  She has really great price points so if you're feeling flush there's super luxe pieces, or if you're working with a budget there's plenty of gorgeous items to choose from as well...like super delicate gold branch rings that you can stack with other rings that have delicate circle diamonds...modern and romantic. You can create really gorgeous textures and designs by stacking the rings, which I find to be one of the coolest things about her jewelery.  
As for bridal party gifts...the necklaces, bracelets, and earrings are PERFECT gifts for your bride maids and family.
It's where I got my wedding band from and I'm looking forward to picking out a little something to layer it with soon! ;)
For this shoot I used one of my new 'film looks' I'm playing with for the upcoming year...polished, classic, and everything a bit more subtle.  A rich depth  and a bit of a creamy glow is what I was going for here.  I've been working on creating custom palettes I can apply to my shoots and I think it worked really well for this shoot..the gold really looks beautiful against her skin!
And for an extra bonus to any photographers out there who like my work here's a retouching tip when working on portraits / jewelery:
Don't go crazy sharpening and lightening the iris's of your model's eyes.  True it makes them pop more, but it doesn't look natural and I've seen many a good portrait ruined by it.  I always back off about 20% from what I initially think is good.   And for jewelry retouching, try sweeping a skin smoothing brush set to a low opacity over the metal to showcase the smoothness + polish!

Below are some pics from our set..Gloria Pacosa, Carla Caruso, and Dre Rawlings (styling)  help put up the carnation flower curtain Gloria made from a recent wedding she did the flowers for as our backdrop.







0 comments:

Chattman Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger