Description


I'll be your mirror...

Posted on: Wednesday, September 15, 2010


On location with Water House Pools this weekend in upstate New York....
Chlorine is so passe. It turns blond hair green, causes asthma in kids and who knows what else. For his pools, designer Chris Rawlings creates a whole eco friendly filtration system, using ZERO chemicals. I had the privilege of swimming in this one on Saturday and I felt like I was swimming in some kind of magical pool out of a fantasy movie. The water was pristine....so clear I could see all the way to the bottom, and little minnows swam around me. Little pebble pathways lead to the edge of the pool and giant golden slabs of stone descended into the pool forming an underwater staircase. Little frogs jumped about in the lotus patch, and a turtle sunned itself. The pool surface mirrored the blue sky and the clouds floating by as the kids ran across a large stone bridge and took turns jumping in the water. I'm so spoiled by the experience. After swimming in one of his natural pools, regular pools just don't seem as good. I just love it when people introduce me to things I didn't know I needed.
p.s. his lovely wife Dre helped art direct :)




1 comments:

Rachael Taylor said...

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for opening my eyes to the world of natural pools...am building one...as soon as I convince my husband :)

Chattman Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger